Taiwan Presbyterian Church
No. 18, Alley 51, Beimen Rd. Sec. 1, West Central District,, Tainan City【Brief Introduction】
The beginnings of the Taiwan Presbyterian Church can be traced back to 1865, when a Scottish Presbyterian missionary, James Laidlaw Maxwell, came to the south of Taiwan. Together with a Canadian Presbyterian missionary, Dr. George Leslie Mac-kay, who launched missionary work in the north, Presbyterian Churches were estab-lished throughout Taiwan by devoting its assistance in the medical, educational, and social sectors. With the establishment of councils, commissions, and the General As-sembly, the Presbyterian Church became fully organised and autonomous.【History】
Taiwan Presbyterian Church is a member of international church organizations such like WWC, WARC, CWM, CCA, and WSCF. This Church has cooperated with evangelical or-ganizations and churches in different countries all over the world. We are part of churches in the world, and we state with all churches that ''Jesus Christ is the Savior, Son of God and Hope for mankind and for the world over!''【Features】
Since the late 1980s, facing the crumbling of social order in Taiwan and corruption of the human soul, Taiwan Presbyterian Church launched an evangelical initiative to rebuild the soul of the Taiwanese. In 1999, the 46th General Assembly launched the "New Taiwan Evangelical Movement in the 21st century" proposal, hoping to renew the soul of the Tai-wanese society with the power of the gospels, and to welcome the third millennium of hu-man history, making sure that Kingdom comes to our people and our society.
---Source: Taiwan Presbyterian Church website.